Beauty products have been emerging in different shops online, and this varies from the foundation, facial foam, and even soap. When it comes to being thorough in finding the, probably not the best, but a safe soap to use, I am certain that most people share the same objective, even the males!
Gone are the days that the only available soap we can find in different shops were the ones that have popular brands. Now a?handmade soap?is available everywhere you go. While this may provide larger options for the buyers, there are still many things you need to consider, and the ingredients are the most important.?
Here, we will be talking about some ingredients that you should avoid when purchasing a body soap.
- Dioxane – this is a chemical that can be considered organic as it is derived from the coconut plant. However, this very chemical can also cause different damages to your liver, kidney, and brain. The extent to which one can be affected depends on the quantity and the level of exposure to this chemical.?
- CocamidopropylBetaine – have you considered asking why do your detergent soaps create bubbles, as well as body soap, create a foaming effect? This is because of Cocamidopropyl Betaine. This is a synthetic surfactant or detergent that foaming action in your soaps. Bubbles and foams make it easier to remove dirt and stains from any surface as it increases the wetting and spreading of the other soap compounds. Most soaps that you find in the shop contain this chemical. While not too dangerous, a high level of this chemical may harm your skin.
- Phthalates – these chemicals are also present in most soaps and skincare products that are available in the market. This chemical is utilized to increase the softness and flexibility of plastics. Research has shown that it effectively disrupts the endocrine and potentially causes breast cancer for mature females, reproductive defects for males and females, and induces early breast development in young females.?
- Synthetic fragrance – if you see “fragrance” in your favorite soap, it will never ever be organic. The fragrance is just the shadow term strategically used to hide hundreds of chemicals in the product. Although not necessarily applicable to all, most products use a number of chemicals and collectively term them “fragrance”. On average,engineered scents and fragrance is said to contain 3,000 chemicalingredients including allergens and disruptors.?
- Retinol and Retinyl Palmitate – although this has a good effect on your skin, some studies also show that it also damages DNA and may cause skin tumors. Although this needs more research to be proven.
- parabens – parabens are a kind of preservative that is useful to extend the life shelf of any products that may otherwise easily spoil without it. While it is effective in preventing the growth of mold and bacteria, it also potentially disrupts hormones leading to some little dysfunctions.?
It is crucial that you be familiar with the common ingredients that make up the product that we use and identify the harmful ones.?